PK Education are working on behalf of a large secondary school in Central Newcastle Upon Tyne to find a charismatic and dynamic ICT and Computer Science Teacher to work with KS3 and KS4 students. There may be a chance to teach to KS5.
This role is a full-time position which will start on Monday 3rd September 2018, however if the ideal candidate is available before the end of the academic year then an earlier start date could be arranged. NQT applications are encouraged.
You are required to carry out the professional duties of a School Teacher, taking responsibility for the educational welfare of pupils aged 11-16 in accordance with the requirements of Conditions and Employment of School Teachers. These may be summarised as:
- • Having regard to the requirements of the National Curriculum; the school’s aims, objectives, schemes of work and policies of the Governing Body.
• Having the corporate responsibility for the well-being and discipline of all pupils.
• Performing, in accordance with any directions which may reasonably be given to you by the Headteacher from time to time, such duties may be reasonably assigned to you.
• Subject to the immediate supervision and direction of the Headteacher of the school.
Key Tasks of the Post of Teacher
Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- • set goals that stretch and challenge pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
• demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour
Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
- • be accountable for pupils’ attainment, progress and outcomes
• be aware of pupils’ capabilities and their prior knowledge, and plan teaching to build on these
• guide pupils to reflect on the progress they have made and their emerging needs
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn and how this impacts on teaching
• encourage pupils to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
Review, induction, further training and development:
- • Participating in arrangements for your further training and professional development to meet needs identified in appraisal objectives or in appraisal statements
Discipline, health and safety:
- • Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and on school activities elsewhere
Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
- • know when and how to differentiate appropriately, using approaches which enable pupils to be taught effectively
• have a secure understanding of how a range of factors can inhibit pupils’ ability to learn, and how best to overcome these
• demonstrate an awareness of the physical, social and intellectual development of children, and know how to adapt teaching to support pupils’ education at different stages of development
• have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs; those of high ability; those with English as an additional language; those with disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them.
PK Education understand that you may need assurances over work and more importantly money when doing day to day supply work. As a result, we offer a GWA (Guaranteed Work Scheme). This can provide you with peace of mind that you have a guaranteed income over a set number of days per week.
**Terms and Conditions of this scheme will be explained at interview**
Reference details will be requested prior to registration.
Current DBS registered with the DBS Update Service – if you do not have a DBS registered online PK Education will provide full assistance in getting you one.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive rates of pay
Claim up to £150 worth of vouchers with each referral of a teacher or NQT.
PK Education is a supply teaching agency with branches across the north of England, including Newcastle. PK Education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy always.