This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated teacher with a real passion for teaching and learning, to contribute their skills and experience towards the development of an outstanding business and economics department.
The College provides a dynamic, friendly and vibrant environment where support, training and development for all staff is a priority. Our students and staff experience a supportive and caring atmosphere, along with high standards and expectations for success.
Our Business and Economics department currently offers A Levels in Business Studies and Economics, as well as BTEC Business courses at both levels 2 and 3. As part of the departments evolution, we are keen to further expand our provision to include accounting and finance courses in the near future. So the ability to teach Economics and/or Accounting and Finance at level 3 would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be eager to contribute their skills and experience towards the development of an outstanding business and economics department.
- Have excellent subject knowledge and will be up-to-date with real world developments that can be used to bring topics to life in the classroom.
- Have experience of teaching A Level Business and/or Economics, as well as BTEC Business courses at both levels 2 and 3.
- Be capable of consistently planning and teaching interactive and engaging lessons that bring topics to life and stimulate students interest and enjoyment of the subject.
- Be capable of providing effective formative and summative assessment feedback that enables students to both develop key skills and achieve to the best of their ability.
- Be enthusiastic about their work with young people and capable of providing effective support and guidance to students, enabling them to personally develop and realise their ambitions.
- Be IT literate with the ability to use/learn how to use student database and tracking software as well as virtual learning environment packages such as Moodle.
- Be Interested in contributing towards enrichment activities for business and economics and/or taking on additional responsibility, such as those for employability and work experience, business enterprise and Lead IV for BTEC Business.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of passionate and highly committed teachers working towards excellence. You will therefore need to share our commitment to high standards of professionalism and academic achievement for every one of our students and will be willing to go the extra mile to help them achieve excellence.