The role is based at our Bristol development facility.
You will be conducting Systems Design activities for a Mission Planning software product in support of the integration of Storm Shadow on to Typhoon. Input to system integration, certification, training and delivery activities will also be required. This Weapon System Sub-System is key for the weapon deployment on the Typhoon aircraft.
Additionally, this role will require the use of MBSE and the related processes within the Mission Planning and Control Solutions UK team.
You will report to the Head of Weapon System Sub-system and the functional Group Leader.
Project & Technical management:
- A typical development life cycle for the Mission Planning products is 2 years, so you will quickly have an opportunity to experience the full product life cycle
- You will take ownership of the production and maintenance of the Project SysML model. This will be the first UK project to use MBDA’s new GMPC (Generic Mission Planning Capability) toolset, based around an MBSE development process, and so there likely to be opportunities to directly influence the design methodology
- You will act as the technology focal point for the use of SysML and the GMPC process within the wider MP&C Solutions UK team
- You will conduct Systems Engineering activities through the design, integration, testing, certification and delivery programme
- You will establish and demonstrate positive relationships with the relevant Project Leads, the MP&C Product Line, the team in MBDA France, and the Software Engineering team
- You will ensure that all stakeholders work closely to achieve the agreed project schedule and cost base
What’s great about joining this team?
- The UK Mission Planning & Control Solutions team has an increasing workload supporting both export and domestic customers
- The current key activities are on Mission Planning and Target Modelling products, and the integration of Storm Shadow Mission Planning to Typhoon for a new customer
- We are seeking flexible team members able to work from concept, requirement negotiation and design definition through to certification, training and In Service Support.You will have the opportunity to experience and develop your skills with a range of products and roles within the team
- A typical development life cycle for the Mission Planning products is 2 years, so this is an opportunity to experience the full product life cycle
- You will be working with a range of stakeholders within the company (France and UK) and with the Customer and User community
- The role will exercise both technical and project management skills
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies
What are we looking for?
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML is essential, preferably using Rhapsody
- Sound understanding of System Engineering Process (including System and Sub-System Specification, System Test and Integration)
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management (Dimensions or RTC)
- Experience of technical problem solving
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment spanning a number of teams and locations
- Excellent communication skills (timing and content aspects)
- Trade Off analysis and solution generation
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude and pro-active behaviours
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Good project and risk management skills and knowledge would be of benefit
- DV clearance would be of benefit
Why should you come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)