£16,542 - £18,380 Per Annum
Do you have the desire to help change lives and have an interest in mental health?
One in four people will experience mental ill health in their lifetime, or be close to someone who does. Response Organisation is one of the largest mental health charities in Oxfordshire that provides housing and a range of support for people that experience severe and enduring mental health needs.
The Support Worker Role
We are currently looking to recruit a Support Worker who will play a key role at one of our services in North Oxford, who will assist with the day-to-day recovery of the residents and encourage them to live independently.
The duties within any role vary from day to day. Our residents are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such. Some of the core duties within the house will include:
• Supporting, encouraging and prompting residents with their medication
• Promoting and encouraging both physical and mental well-being
• Completing a range of activities during key working sessions with residents, whilst helping them to achieve their aspirations
• Update and maintain records via an in-house computer system
• Ensure that house rules are kept and adhered to, as well as providing a safe and respectful environment
• Conduct regular welfare checks and prompting residents to develop their skills and increase their independence
• Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams and carers
You will be required to work 37 hours per week across equally distributed shifts that will include weekends and sleep-ins.
Requirements for the Support Worker Role
Our main priority for these roles is to find people that can live our values every day. Experience within a care or mental health setting is desirable, qualifications are advantageous, however, we have a Learning & Development team who are happy to support you and your personal development and work to progress your career with us!
This is a great opportunity to gain first-hand experience within a mental health setting and if you feel like this is your next career step we would love to hear from you!
Please apply now where you will be taken through to our external site to complete an application from.
Support Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, Care Worker.