Heathcotes Group are currently looking for a Support Worker in our Hollyfield House residence.
Are you a caring individual that wants to make a difference in what can be a challenging environment? Then this role could be the one for you!
JOB TITLE: Support Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Home Manager
SALARY RANGE: £7.05-£7.50
HOURS WORKED: 40 hours per week (Days and Nights)
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Permanent
DISCLOSURE REQUIRED: Yes – DBS Enhanced Disclosure
We require a Male Support Worker, due to the needs/requirements of our service users.
Who we are: The Heathcotes Group exists to provide high quality, person-centred residential services for adults with learning disabilities, dual diagnoses and challenging behaviours.
We enable our service users to make life choices, be socially included and take a full and active part in their community.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the Group for Support Workers in the Sutton area which will be to work within our Learning Disabilities, Autism and Challenging Behaviours residential service.
We are looking for committed and motivated people who are willing to go that extra mile to help others. We are interested in hearing from individuals who are looking to further their career, or individuals looking for a change in career.
Main Duties (May differ and not limited to):
- Providing support with all aspects of personal care.
- Maintain safety and security of the service.
- Facilitating social activities and education/work e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out and other recreational activities of their choice.
- Monitoring individuals progress and recording notes on daily record sheets.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- Delivering person centred care, supporting individuals to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- You will be an assigned Key Worker– role of key worker is to manage and support the service user with education/work/their wants, needs and wishes.
- Appropriate records are kept of the service users progress and activities.
- To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary.
- To support service users to access appropriate health care provisions enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary.
- Support service users on a holiday of their choice.
- To create opportunities for service users to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in the community.
- To carry out duties as the Service Manager reasonably stipulates.
- Daily challenges to be dealt with as our service users can present with challenging behaviours.
- General housekeeping e.g. cooking, shopping, domestic duties etc, and helping Service Users to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives.
We welcome everyone into the industry even with little or no experience, full training and induction will be provided by Heathcotes Group.
We also offer a ‘refer a friend’ scheme, if you know of anyone that could also be interested! After probation is completed you will be rewarded with £50!
If you are interested in applying, please click apply and complete the short application form. Please include a supporting statement to outline your skills, experience and qualifications (if applicable) for the position.