Cordius are working with a Company who is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 5,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology.
To be the Procurement Integrated Project Team (IPT) lead for the Service and Support Solutions (S3) business activities based at Luton with the responsibility for all aspects of the external supply chain management and performance providing functional governance, process ownership, accountability, effective communication and critically a complete procurement service from strategic management to buying. The main focus for this role is to lead the Procurement activities within the IPT to maintain/improve Supplier delivery performance into the existing Customer programmes and supporting new business opportunities.
This role will require a demonstrated ability in forging and influencing effective business relationships both externally within the Supply base and cross functionally within the product IPT.
- Being an integral member of EW Support Integrated Project Teams (IPTs)
- Delivery of Current account
- Provide input and Represent Procurement at the Project Performance Reviews (PPRs)
- Attend Management and IPT meetings
- Generate/maintain Support Procurement Plans
- Aligning where possible the different Line of Business’ (EW/RATS/S3) Support Procurement activities
- Identify key Procurement related risks and opportunities at a Project level
- Co-ordinate any Repairs Transacting activity linked to the area ensuring Repair turn-around times are aligned to Customer expectations
- With a focus on Continuous Improvement, ensure suppliers deliver on time, cost and quality in line with project requirements within authorized budgets and technical requirements.
- Co-ordination of general Tactical Buying linked to the area
- Lead or Support the Procurement element of Support Bids and Campaigns, contributing to Phase Reviews, Bid meetings and Tender Vets
- Support the generation of an EW Procurement Support strategy
For further Information please apply or contact Vicky Wheeler at Cordius.