We are delighted to announce that we have a new store opening in your area and are looking for a confident and reliable Store Assistant Manager with a professional and focused approach to store operations and people management.
The Store Assistant Manager will have excellent operational skills and a proven track record of driving measureable performance improvements using practical techniques.
As part of their ongoing development Store Assistant Managers will attend our excellent training facilities in Liverpool on the management programme for up to 3 weeks. Travel and accommodation will be provided.
- Competitive salary with the opportunity to earn a performance related bonus
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example
- Achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Take ownership for recruiting, training and managing a team of up to 60 staff
- Responsible for performance and absence management
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
- Hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of managing a team of more than 10
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
The salary for this role and store location includes a non-contractual regional allowance of £3,000.
About the company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 485 stores we have over 4 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3 - 5m per store - and we wouldn't have it any other way!