Specification / Technical Sales Manager – Construction (CC649-MS)
Location: West Midlands, ideally located in and around Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire, Birmingham or Staffordshire
£40K - £50K Basic + 50% Bonus + 5% Pension + Healthcare + Company Car + Dental + Life Insurance + Benefits
My client is a global manufacturer of building materials and their extensive range of solutions has become recognised for their quality and durability.
Due to sustained growth, my client now wishes to recruit an influential Specification / Technical Sales Manager to join their dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be given the autonomy required to develop the territory.
With a focus on the new build market, you will be securing specifications through liaising with Architects, Building Surveyors, Local Authorities and Main / Approved Contractors, ensuring they are fully aware of my client’s products, their benefits and associated accessories.
Other duties will include:-
- Nurturing existing (70%) and growing new business (30%)
- Selling via the Specification sales route.
- Delivering CPD presentations.
- Tracking and overseeing projects conception through to completion.
- Achieving customer satisfaction through effective territory management.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of my client’s competitors and their products.
- Keeping up to date with the latest safety legislations and regulations.
- Ensuring my clients business maintains its market leading position.
- Attending activity meetings and industry events.
- Working as part of a team to ensure sales targets are met.
The ideal candidate will possess 1-2 years’ experience operating as a Specification / Technical Sales Manager preferably for the new build market.
Past experience delivering CPD presentations would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
Whilst full product training will be provided the successful candidate must possess a full driving licence and be able to demonstrate the following skills:-
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Well presented with a keen eye for detail.
- A professional / consultative sales approach
- Commercial awareness
- IT Literate