Are you an experienced logistics, waste management or operations professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Special Waste Coordinator for our team in Bargeddie, working 40 hours a week.
The ideal Special Waste Coordinator:
- Experience safe handling of chemicals
- Qualifications: Dangerous Good Safety Advisor SQA, IOSH, Carriage of Dangerous Goods (ADR)
- Must be able to liaise at all levels.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
Special Waste Coordinator Responsibilities include:
The jobholder shall be responsible for providing support within the Special Waste Department of the site. On a day to day basis, this will involve:
- Carrying out collections of hazardous wastes, including classification, sorting, decanting, packaging and labeling at the transfer station.
- Costing Special Waste uplifts in accordance with current prices and providing quotations for clients.
- Survey clients' / potential clients' sites / waste and provide quotations, advice and infrastructure solutions to effectively manage their Special Waste.
- Ensure compliance with company EMS and Waste Management Licence.
- Broker 3rd party sub contracted services
- Collation of revenue and generation of reports on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of risk assessments, safe systems of work, work instructions, and COSHH risk assessments relating to the hazardous waste collection service.
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Special Waste Coordinator, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Special Waste Coordinator.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.