Red's True Barbecue have a truly amazing opportunity for a Sous Chef to join the team in Sheffield. Working on a full time, permanent basis, the successful applicant will receive a competitive salary as well as superb benefits including Team Holidays, Employee Discounts, Bonus, 28 Days Hols & Future Career Development.
Let there be meat, let there be flavour, let there be Red's!
Fanning the Flames of Success. Are you a Sous Chef who can inspire the future talent and deliver excellence as standard? At Red’s True Barbecue we appreciate the dedication, hard work and talent it takes to become a Sous Chef.
With a benefits and lifestyle package to suit, we can help you on the road to success. Are you up for the challenge?
As a Sous Chef at Reds you will be working alongside the Head Chef and responsible for running a busy kitchen on a day to day basis – managing a team during service to serve potentially upwards of 500 guests per day. You will be hands on in leading the team, helping to oversee the whole kitchen operation and ensuring your team delivers the best food quality with pace and passion. You will be involved in and responsible for every aspect of managing the kitchen, from preparing dishes using fresh ingredients, ordering and managing stock levels, to maintaining high and consistent standards, to delivering awesome quality barbecue food to inspiring, motivating, training and developing your team.
As a Sous Chef at Reds we are looking for you to:
- Have experience in leading a kitchen team during service in a high volume, fast-paced restaurant
- Have a good understanding of managing stock levels, GPs and labour within budgetary requirements
- Have experience across all areas of the kitchen, and willing to master new methods of cooking and smoking foods
- Be charismatic and confident, able to train new team members in the way we do things
- Be enthusiastic in leading and motivating your team to deliver outstanding food quality to your guests
- Delivering high standards personally, striving to encourage that in others
- Be approachable, fun-loving, bringing your own personality to the role
Being a meat lover also certainly helps, as we are passionate about True Barbecue and want you to have the same passion too, preaching our gospel and becoming a True Believer!
- 28 days Holiday
- 50% staff discount on food for you and up to 7 mates
- Share of tips
- Team meals on duty
- Chances to win trips to USA and snowboarding
- Team building activities and regular social events
- Discounted gym membership
- Referral bonus
- Regular incentives and competitions
- Childcare vouchers
As a Sous Chef you will undertake induction training in one of our existing sites, to give you an in-depth understanding of what makes True Barbecue, how we do things round here, and all the business processes essential to getting on and running your kitchen each day.
So, if you're passionate about food and want to spread the gospel of true barbecue far and wide apply now to become our Sous Chef at our mouth-watering restaurant!