Job Title: Sous Chef
Salary: 21,800 to £22,800 Depending on experience
Location: Beeston, Leeds
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Due to our continued success we are now looking to recruit a Soux Chef to join our team in Beeston, Leeds.
Sous Chef Role:
- To monitor the cooking, chilling and storage of foods, keeping records as required and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure that we comply with HACCP procedures
- To monitor the quality of food leaving the kitchen and take appropriate action where necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To bring to the attention of the Head Chef and deal with maintenance issues so that maintenance dockets can be issued, thereby ensuring that the Kitchen fabric and equipment is kept in a safe, cleanable and fully functional condition.
- To take responsibility for the provision of food to the required standards for the restaurants and banqueting as required, keeping records as appropriate, and liaising with other departments as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To be able to develop and price recipes as well as have an understanding GP% and sales mix.Sous Chef
- To supervise and train employees, taking appropriate action to maintain safe and equitable work levels whilst being sensitive to, and aware of problems and health issues. Bringing them to the attention of the Head Chef if necessary, in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious working environment.
- To have a "positive attitude" in regards to goals, challenges and issues. More importantly, to understand and have a key focus on team dynamics, so as to build a strong cooperative mindset underpinned by a positive culture.
- To have a strong commitment to a fair and decisive style of manage, able to mentor and coach colleagues. The
ideal Sous Chef:
- Experience in a similar role
- C&G 706/1&2 or NVQ equivalent
- Excellent and innovative Cooking and Hotplate service skills
- HACCP competent
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Problem solving ability
- A desire to look at issues as an opportunity to overcome challenges
- The desire and tenacity to adhere to procedures
- Good admin, telephone and IT skills
- A flexible attitude to working hours
- A hunger and passion for good food and the drive to make it happen
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers a fantastic working environment as well as good rates of pay and company benefits.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience as listed above then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview!