We’re the technology partner to some of the world’s most iconic financial services brands. Our software solutions help with life’s big decisions and enable our clients to help people all over the world build their wealth, protect their family, buy their home, invest in the stock market, and improve their financial wellbeing. We call that real career satisfaction.
With offices in Australia, Asia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK, our team spans the world but unites through a shared ambition - to deliver the very best that FinTech has to offer. We achieve that by partnering with our clients to help them meet future challenges and opportunities, right at the heart of their business. We invest, inspire and invent; delivering for today and designing for tomorrow.
You will be participating in the Apprentice Scheme and training to become an effective Software Engineer, working in all of the stages of the software development lifecycle; architecture, coding, implementation, testing and documentation.
This is a great opportunity to prosper amongst the last intake of apprentices who are now working full time.
You will be confident working effectively as part of a team, with a commitment and enthusiasm for learning. You will be comfortable juggling several tasks at a time and be able to work in a structured and methodical way.
Knowledge of the following technical skills would be advantageous:
- Unit Testing
- Dynamic Language
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Learn and understand requirements at a technical level, developing appropriate knowledge of the existing and future product technical strategy.
- Understand how to read technical specifications
- Learn to plan, create and execute effective tests for your software
- Creation of installation scripts for any new code produced
- Follow configuration management processes
- Investigate and resolve issues within the system
- Understand and follow the IRESS Software Development Lifecycle quality management procedures
- Keep up to date with latest development technologies
- Keep abreast of current technical trends within the IT industry
- Participate in walk through and formal code reviews with other team members
- Learn and comply with the software architecture & standards
- You will be a good team player with the ability to work under pressure
- You will learn how to escalate issues and apply aptitude
- You will be a multi-tasker with great organisational skills and the ability to manage your own time
- You will have strong communication skills with the willingness to learn about complex technical issues
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills to effectively share ideas
- A strong sense of ownership, commitment and teamwork
As a minimum, you will have 7 GCSE's including Maths and English and an interest in programming and building websites.
£15,000 per annum
Benefits / Future Prospects
- We recognise and reward hard work with a great benefits package
- On top of a good remuneration package we’ll give you a generous holiday allowance, retirement fund, life assurance and income protection cover
- We also provide seriously good coffee and plenty of other perks to brighten your day including a casual dress code, vibrant open workspaces with areas to relax including cafes, bean bags, table football and pool; plus free fruit every day
- There are always sports and social events happening and chances to get involved in our charity work if you want to
- Oh, and every Friday the drinks are on us!
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”