This is a role for someone who has a strong interest in sci-fi, comics Marvel and DC.
A creative and innovative company
Eaglemoss Collections: a partwork company with a passion for creative and innovative collectable products.
We invest generously in creating, researching and marketing all our projects in every single market where we publish, liaising with our licensors and partners all steps along the way to achieve the best end results.
We carry out detailed quantitative research with the general population, qualitative research with focus groups and we conduct regional marketing tests before launching a partwork nationally.
Social Media Intern Job Purpose:
Are you a little bit nerdy, have a passion for sci-fi, comics and pop culture? Have you ever come up with an elaborate way to introduce the Fantastic Four into the MCU, or argued about whether a Galaxy Class Ship is cooler than the Constitution Class? Do you have strong opinions on whether or not Brian K. Vaughan is a better writer than Jonathan Hickman? Then, we are looking for you.
Eaglemoss is looking for a new social-media intern to join our dedicated team of misfits in the Eaglemoss Hero Collector brand. The role will include content creation, commentary and working with the team to manage the day-to-day running of our Hero Collector social media across a variety of social-media platforms.
We work with major pop-culture licences and properties including but not limited to – DC, Marvel, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, Walking Dead, Alien and Predator just to name a few.
A knowledge of these and other sci-fi and pop culture properties is essential, and key to the role.
Social Media Manager and Hero Collector Brand Manager
1) Content Creation
a. Light content creation such as meme style images and GIFs.
b. Curate existing Hero Collector content and post on social channels
c. Work with the team to write and develop new content for social channels.
2) Social Media Community Management
a. Reply to comments on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels and create a rapport with our customers.
b. Liaise with the customer-services department and CRM team to ensure that customer queries are answered.
c. Be on top of the current customer conversations on our Social Media pages.
3) Coordinating and Distributing Content
a. Manage the content calendars.
b. Schedule content.
Key Skills Required:
- GCSEs, A-levels or equivalent, particularly in English, Literature, or related.
- Proven written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- An interest in comics, sci-fi and pop culture.
- Basic design abilities on Photoshop or InDesign for banner and image creation
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management.
- Familiarity with key social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Self-Motivation, someone who can approach challenges without constant oversight.
- An entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team