Our client is a leading health and adult services provider and are national award winners for social care initiatives in 2015 as well as Best Social Worker Employer in the Social Care of the Year Awards 2014. They are seeking a suitably skilled temporary Experienced Qualified Social Worker based in the North Yorkshire area.
They are on an exciting journey of transformation and are investing in staff to help them achieve their goals. They have made some excellent additions to their teams and are fortunate to have additional capacity to recruit to. Our client has opportunities in the Selby area. You will work closely in partnership with a variety of teams and agencies, including health colleagues, stronger communities and prevention teams, voluntary and independent sector, mental health and public health colleagues. Their ethos is to promote health and wellbeing, preventing, reducing and delaying need, in line with the Care Act. This is a pivotal role which focuses on maximising independence, choice and control for people and requires a person-centred approach. They are looking to build capacity within our teams and enhance the number of staff with experience in safeguarding, learning disabilities, complex cases and best interest assessments.
Our client normally welcomes applications from newly qualified Social Workers, however in this role they are particularly looking for a skilled Social Worker with experience in complex hospital discharges.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Assist people with care and support needs and carers with complex assessments of need, working with them to develop creative solutions;
• Promote self-directed support and personalisation including re-enablement;
• Look for innovative solutions to people’s needs, and promote assets based assessment and support in peoples communities;
• Have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills;
• Have a professional social work qualification and registration with the HCPC; and
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of current legislation, including the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Equalities Act, Deprivation of Liberty, Best Interest Assessments, and the Mental Health Act.
The working hours are 8.30 till 17:00 Mon to Thurs and 8.30 till 16:30 Friday. 37 hours a week.
The successful candidate must be HCPC registered and must have a Hospital Discharge experience