Are you an experienced Foreman or Site Supervisor, looking for an exciting new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Shelford Landfill site for a Site Foreman to join our team, working 45 hours a week, Monday to Saturday.
The Site Foreman Role:
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the Shelford Landfill Site.
- Ensuring BMS procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring compliance with all Company procedures, statutory legislation and industry good practice.
- Maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and all site users.
- Adhering to all Company Policies & Procedures.
- Remaining aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of your work colleagues and any others who may be affected by the operations under your responsibility or control.
- Ensuring that at all times the correct PPE is worn.
- Undertaking any training required for the job role.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments (RA) and Safe Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed at all times.
- Coordinating landfill operations to ensure that waste is dealt with efficiently and correctly.
- Covering weighbridge operation and administration as required.
- Availability by telephone for emergency call out.
The Ideal Site Foreman:
The Site Foreman will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of relevant legislation that relates to the operation of landfill sites and up to date health and safety policies. You will also need to possess:
- A good knowledge of waste disposal procedures and equipment.
- Proven ability to maintain administration, cost control and record keeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to display a positive attitude.
- Ability to lead, motivate, manage and develop employees.
- Good written, numeric, IT and financial skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and to constantly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Educated to at least GCSE Level, (or equivalent), in English and Maths.
- Full Current Driving Licence.
In return for your hard work as our Site Foreman, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Site Foreman.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.