Bristol and the surrounding areas
Since 1990 Tinnelly Construction Ltd. has built up a solid reputation as professionals in the house and commerical build sector and commercial projects. We are now looking to recruit an experienced Site Engineer.
As Site Engineer your role will include and not be limited to the following responsibilities:
• Preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments, and implementing safe working practices on site
• Monitor Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance and ensure compliance by on site team
• Site briefings and tool box talks
• HSEQ audits
• Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control
• Implementing design to site execution
• Ensuring up to date Contract documentation is reviewed and in place
• Maintaining site records and diaries
• Liaise with QS to identify scope of works and/or when changes/variations to tender occur
• Procurement and scheduling materials, liaising with project QS
• Understanding tender and contract award
• Control of costs and financially conscious of budgets
• Liaising with clients
• Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
• Sequencing and programming
• Attending site meetings (HSEQ/Progress etc.)
• The production of survey information marked up drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
• Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitably checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
• Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
• Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
• Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations, current working practice, contract specification or project requirements
• Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports
• Provide accurate measurements for materials required for site. Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting in the weekly site review meeting.
• Understand and influence cost control measures on site.
• Resolving technical problems at all levels.
• Any other reasonable duties as required
To be considered for our Site Engineer opportunity, you should have the following essential skills:
• Third level qualification in Construction Engineering & Management (CEM) / Civil Engineering or a related discipline
• Ability to successfully implement, maintain and ensure compliance of Health & Safety legislation
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
• Commercially aware of economies and efficiencies
• Fully flexible regarding travel, prepared to travel to site locations within the UK
• Ability to Manage/Control on site setting out
• Ability to read and understand Construction drawings and Specification
• Full valid driving licence
• IT literate in all Microsoft Office applications
• At least 3/4 years experience engineering within the construction industry within high pressured and/or retail projects
• CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent
• Experience and or qualification in using AutoCAD software
• Ability to use up to date engineering equipment
If you feel you have the skills for our Site Engineer position, please apply now.