Shop Support Manager – Established Animal Charity
Home Based (with travel to shops throughout the South)
Are you a retail professional with a knack for helping people realise their full potential? Want to make your mark on the retail offering of a charity that’s been helping animals since 1897? If so, our client would love to hear from you.
About the Charity
Our client is one the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. They support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through their rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Currently, they are working to rehome 20,000 pets by 2020 and the profits generated by their shops will be vital in helping the charity to achieve their ambition.
As such, our client is looking for a Shop Support Manager to facilitate the opening and ongoing success of their shops.
This role will involve travelling to support a number of sites in the South. As such, you will not have a set base, enabling you to travel flexibly to support shops as required.
- Salary of £19,000 - £22,000 per annum
- Company car
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance
This is an amazing opportunity to take your retail career in an exciting, new direction and gain valuable experience in the not-for-profit sector.
Our client has a huge history of success in the rehoming of animals and the provision of veterinary services and education that surrounds keeping pets and properly looking after them.
The charity’s incredible work is funded by donations from the public and their network of retail outlets right across the UK, and you will play an important role in their ongoing success.
You’ll have the chance to help shape and grow dedicated teams who share your passion for animal welfare and make a real difference to the retail arm of the charity.
As a Shop Support Manager, you’ll help with the opening of new shops, support underperforming outlets and provide relief cover for Shop Managers.
Working throughout the South, you will:
- Train and mentor shop teams to ensure the highest standards of customer service are delivered
- Proactively recruit and train volunteers
- Stock and merchandise new shops in-line with agreed timescales
- Provide support and guidance to shops as requested by the Senior Retail Team
- Build positive relationships with the local community to raise awareness of our client’s cause and generate quality donated goods
To be considered as the Shop Support Manager, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a retail environment and great customer service skills
- A track record of training and mentoring others
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- Cash handling and reconciliations experience
- The ability to achieve sales and profit targets
- A high level of IT literacy, including MS Office
- A full, valid manual driving licence (as your company car will be manual)
Our client is eager to hear from you if you’ve held the role of Retail Manager, Shop Manager, Retail Team Leader, Retail Supervisor, Store Manager, Store Team Leader, Store Supervisor or Senior Retail Advisor.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to do something fantastic with your career as a Shop Support Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.