Do you have laboratory experience gained through work or study with a keen interest in petroleum products?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you as we have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Analyst to join our team based in Abingdon.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, is delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Caleb Brett UK business provides quality and quantity measurement, inspection, and laboratory testing services to the global oil, gas, petrochemical, petroleum refining & distribution, natural gas, biofuels, marine, and chemicals industries. Intertek helps clients protect and manage their risk during custody transfer, storage, transportation and other activities related to their cargo assets. Their qualified personnel also provide technical expertise and additive treatment services, helping clients to protect and optimise the return on their cargo business activities.
About the role
The successful candidate will work as part of the Laboratory Shift Team to help analyse and release petroleum products.
This position will involve, but is not limited to:
- Testing a variety of petroleum products in accordance with ASTM and IP procedures.
- Prepare and test quality control samples, to standardise reagents and solutions, to calibrate equipment as needed for the testing process.
- Verifying and communicating results obtained, to make appropriate entries in the required records, and to generate reports for release to customers.
- Receive and login samples to the required systems for testing.
- Maintain documentation as required to meet various accreditations such as ISO 17025.
The role holder will be required to work a rotating mornings/afternoon shift pattern
Full training will be provided.
Required skills and experience
- A Level Science (or equivalent), preferably Chemistry.
- Good IT literacy skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Laboratory experience is preferable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Good communication skills, problem solving and organisation.
- A full driving license is preferable.
- Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions
- Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
- Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
- Motivated, self-starter
- Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
- Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
- Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
- Fosters integrity and honesty
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Confident communicator (written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
Why join Intertek?
For more than 130 years, Intertek’s story has always been about innovation. In 1885 we began testing and certifying grain cargoes before they were put to sea, and in 1888 we pioneered the idea of independent testing laboratories. Then in 1896, the greatest inventor of them all became part of our story - Thomas Edison, who released the wonders of electricity and the light bulb in a Quality Assured way. This is a journey we now continue, through our network of 43,000 talented and energised people across multiple global business lines.
Intertek is a family that is committed to working together to bring quality and safety to life in an environment which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions, as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving their business objectives.
By joining Intertek’s global team you will share our vision of becoming the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance. In addition you will work with some of the best, brightest, and most inspiring people in the Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry who go above and beyond to deliver Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide whilst exceeding customer expectations, globally 24/7.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies.