Service Desk Analyst
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Service Desk Analyst on a 3 month rolling contract in Brighton. The role is responsible for providing support to IT customers in order to ensure the timely and effective resolution of Incidents and tasks concerning ICT equipment, software and services thereby maintaining productivity within the organisation. In addition you will be required to achieve permanent resolutions to problems identified in the ICT software, services, infrastructure and equipment and to work proactively to ensure that incidents are prevented where possible and future problems are identified as quickly as possible.
- To install, configure and test all new ICT equipment and software purchases to maintain a modern infrastructure and to meet the business needs of the business and to ensure that all software installed on equipment is appropriately licensed to ensure that the council meets its legal obligations.
- To coordinate and prioritise installation schedules according to the date of order and need/impact, in order to ensure an efficient and organised support service that can respond swiftly to changing demands.
- To undertake the analysis, planning and execution of ICT-related functions for a variety of purposes. For example, for ICT changes, installations or upgrades, ensuring that they are carried out on time and liaising appropriately with colleagues, in order to ensure a seamless transition from old configuration to new.
- To investigate and resolve Incidents and Problems, working within the documented ITIL® processes, identifying the root cause of Incidents and Problems in order to achieve a permanent workable resolution and referring Problems onto Problem Management if they persist.
- To present a professional profile for the ICT service to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop a positive reputation for the service.
- To create, review and maintain up-to-date technical information for both customers and ICT staff and to share knowledge which enables staff to support the ICT infrastructure and systems.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of the various systems supported and to understand the impact that each has on the business in order to make informed decisions when prioritising work.
- To provide ad-hoc advice, guidance and training for customers and ICT staff in order to assist in colleagues' professional development and to increase customer satisfaction and reduce the likelihood of future Incidents.
- To carry out scheduled ICT operations functions including, but not limited to the following: producing reports, checking log files and carrying out print runs
If you would like further information please apply directly and we will be in touch shortly.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age