Senior Product Manager
Monster has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join our Global Product Business Intelligence team, based in London.
The Senior Product Manager is charged with leading the company’s business intelligence, visualization, global data accessibility and enterprise data warehouse.
In partnership with Data Science and Engineering Teams, the Senior Product Manager will identify and develop strategic plans around data opportunities. Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Global Customer Service, Product, Partnerships and Finance in understanding data accessibility and corporate reporting needs.
Responsible for leading the development and growth of Monster’s Global Business Intelligence product suite and data accessibility for Monster.com. As a strategist and expert in data, the PM will drive the strategy, roadmap, and development of data technologies and products.
Working in close collaboration with engineering teams, the PM will establish a product release cadence to ensure reliability and predictability, and they will professionalise how the organisation access data with an emphasis on innovation, excellence, reliability, self-organisation, and adaptability.
- Oversee the global product life-cycle for all Business Intelligence platforms.
- Work closely with the data science and engineering team to ensure that development plans, resources and strategies are coordinated across all departments in a cohesive and collaborative fashion.
- Continuously refine processes, structure and expectations within the product road-map to ensure meeting of established deadlines and deliverables.
- Partner with engineering to establish rapid product development processes with dynamic teams that can accelerate build, design, and test product launches and constant updates, bringing an agile methodology to business intelligence.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Experience leading the build out of reporting and data visualization suites and implementation of business intelligence platforms at scale
- Fluency in enterprise data warehouses, relational/non-relational databases, and big data architecture
- Functional understanding of technical architecture is need, though this role does not require a technical background or engineering skill sets
- Experience working with UI/UX for innovative data visualization
- Articulate regarding product philosophy and can drive user feedback into backlog and public facing roadmaps as appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine, and implement development processes, resource planning, work-apportionment, metrics, and documentation
- An excellent team builder
- Exceptional communications with sales, marketing, delivery, support, marketing, customers and executive management
- Proven track record of contributing to high-performance teams
- Excellent written communicator, producing public facing release notes that the organization will look forward to reading and receiving
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong acumen for leading multiple product organisations within one master-brand. Focus on the critical items most important for the company’s success, not just the success of functional area.
- Entrepreneurial drive to build from the ground up; passion to deliver best-in-class products; can operate effectively with little infrastructure when needed.
- Change agent and builder; must proactively and passionately support, manage, and drive all change initiatives with a can-do attitude and help to win the hearts and minds of peers, colleagues, and team members alike to help drive the changes required.
- Natural, hands-on leadership skills and a pragmatic, business-focused approach to the delivery of service and projects alike.
- Organised, with the ability to implement systems and processes to bring structure to a function, whilst retaining the flexibility required to manage effectively in a business undergoing growth and change.
- Practitioner of agile scrum methodology – able to coach, evangelize and maintain discipline.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines, under pressure.
- Extremely bright and dynamic; outstanding communication skills and academically well-qualified.
- Intellectually curious, strong logical and analytical abilities with a high level of initiative and common sense.
- First-rate strategic skills must be combined with the ability to drive the implementation process at the “sharp-end” of the business.
- Excellent technical knowledge is imperative, but the ability to understand and influence how technology can be harnessed to drive the business is critical.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, a strong ability to influence others; credibility and commercial maturity necessary to lead meetings.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build the strong relationships critical to the success of this role.
- Enthusiasm to work effectively across all levels of an organisation; exhibits the gravitas, charisma and knowledge to be credible in all business situations.
- Strives to build a workplace where people can have fun and excel.
- Great sense of humor.
- Will seamlessly fit as a member of a team where individuals are empowered to make a genuine impact on the business and lead its growth.
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and moving targets.
- Ability to operate in a hard driving but respectful and open environment where value-added team play is rewarded.
What makes Monster Great?
Monster is synonymous with innovation, we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together, in fact we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose.. Making people’s lives better
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so. When we say we champion people, we do! Take a look at some of the cool things we have done to champion people in 2016: Monster Confidence (http://monsterconfidence.co.uk/),Tech Talent Charter (http://www.monster.co.uk/it/a/tech-talent-charter).
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner …