We are seeking a Senior/Principal Structural Engineer who is Chartered or working towards Chartership to join a client of ours in a permanent role. Our client is extremely busy with a number of projects underway within the Building Structures/Residential sectors. They are based at the heart of the business hub in Manchester within an office housing 60 staff, with offices also nationwide. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established structural team who boast years of industry experience and knowledge.
What does the job involve?
Reporting to the Directors and Project Lead, you will be involved in a range of tasks including;
- Providing structural technical support within a team of structural engineers
- Be responsible for the technical accuracy of the project delivery
- Mentor junior staff
- Develop Structural Designs using design/analysis software such as Tekla and TEDDS
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings
- Preparation of reports
- Undertake design reviews
What skills and experience do you need?
- Honours degree or above in civil or structural engineering
- Chartered or near Chartered
- Relevant assessment and design experience
- Good interpersonal skills to work individually and in teams
- Written and verbal presentation skills necessary
- Willingness to travel
- Good customer relations/service skills
- Must be eligible for UK Security Clearance
- Have a detailed knowledge of Eurocodes and structural design software such as Tekla, ETABs and TEDDS
- Have the enthusiasm and ability to coach and mentor junior engineering staff