The company is the world’s leading independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions.
We are looking for a confident, talented and innovative individual to join our Site Characterisation Team based in Consett which works offshore and on land providing engineering, geotechnical and geoenvironmental services for clients in the energy, infrastructure and mining sectors worldwide.
Your key responsibilities will be to manage a portfolio of site investigation projects – specifically: direct communication and negotiation with clients, general site management, delegation of project responsibilities and supporting Project Managers with payment for completed works and resolution of conflict if appropriate. You will be committed, proactive and decisive with a passion for delivering projects safely, on budget and on time.
In addition, as an experienced specialist, you will provide geotechnical and engineering geology consultancy services to project teams, prepare or oversee & approve interpretative reports, identify new projects and Business Development opportunities. You will be responsible for the technical direction and mentoring / training of a team of engineers.
Successful applicants will have:
- A degree in Geology, Earth Science or Civil Engineering and preferably an MSc Qualification in Engineering Geology/Soil Mechanics/Geotechnics. Working towards or achieved Chartered Engineer/Geologist status would also be advantageous.
- Significant demonstrable experience within a ground investigation environment with a proven knowledge of engineering geology and geotechnics or other specialist area relating to the day to day activities of the Company.
- A thorough understanding of the ground investigation industry, including knowledge of relevant plant and equipment, standard specifications, various conditions of contract forms, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation applicable to the Company Operations is also required.
- Proficiency with relevant computer applications.
- Excellent commercial skills.
The following would be preferable:
- Experience / interest in one of the following subject areas; foundation design, site characterisation, earthworks, pavement design, tunnelling, slope stability or ground improvement, coastal or offshore structures.
Our successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please apply before 30th June 2018.
Please Note: When applying for one of our vacancies, we will create a private application on our website so that the employer can view and respond to you. If you would like to update or remove your CV from our website, you can login and delete it at any time. We will send you login details when the application is made.