We have an exciting opportunity available at Lloyds Business Communications Ltd for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team based in St Helens on a permanent, full time basis working 40 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience plus annual performance based bonus and excellent benefits.
We are an established and award winning privately owned “Unified Communications Reseller” based in St. Helens with an office in Liverpool city centre and we are seeking an experience network engineer to join our dynamic and friendly team.
Working in the infrastructure team, the remit of the Senior Network Engineer is to implement and maintain the provision of voice and data solutions for customers as well as the internal networks. You will play a key part in taking ownership for project work and provide pre-sales consultancy services for new and existing customers. You will make recommendations and be big part of the decision making process with regards to key projects and technical direction along with documenting designs and solutions. You will be working with a mix of technologies from both wired and wireless vendors along with helping support the businesses hosted voice environment within the business data centres.
The role will suit an experienced Network Engineer, with excellent communication skills who is capable of working with minimal supervision and seeking an exciting new challenge with their career.
Technical knowledge and experience required by our Senior Network Engineer:
You will be competent in LAN, Wifi and VoIP technologies to Cisco CCNP standard and have a minimum of 5 of the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a “hands on” Network Engineer particularly with Cisco and HP skills
- Takes a structured and effective approach to own work and demonstrates leadership potential
- Knowledge of networking technologies including MPLS, QOS and network management tools
- Knowledge of IT/Networking services such as DHCP, DNS and Radius
-Experience of carrying out wireless surveys using tools such as “Ekahau”
- Experience of deploying and maintaining VoIP networks
- Experience of configuring and maintaining HP/Aruba and/or Cisco wired networks
- Experience of configuring and maintaining Cisco/Ruckus wireless networks
- Experience of configuring and maintaining Sophos/FortiGate/RGNETS firewalls
Qualifications required by our Senior Network Engineer:
- Cisco CCNP or working towards CCNP certification
Desirable qualifications required by our Senior Network Engineer:
- Wireless certification (Preferably Cisco or Ruckus)
- Firewall certification (Preferably Fortinet or Sophos)
- Any vendor network certification (Preferably HP, Extreme or Netgear)
- VoIP experience/certifications (Preferably Mitel or Unify/Siemens)
Package and Perks
Generous salary dependant experience plus performance based annual, which includes 28 day’s annual leave. Internal and external training as required by the business. Regular company nights out and fully expensed Christmas party.
Easily commutable from most areas in the North West of the UK with excellent rail and road networks. Free parking available at our St Helens office.
If you want to work for a dynamic and innovative ICT company in a great working environment, have the ability and passion to really expand your skills and make a real difference to the IT team then please apply now with an up to date CV to become our Senior Network Engineer.