Life is short, make it count! My client are a company with boundless ambition and they fundamentally believe that they can change the world significantly through the offeiring of a fantastic product in the lifestyle space.. Through challenging the norm and pushing boundaries, they are on a mission to make better products that are truly environmentally conscious, with a supply chain and business practices that are genuinely ethical and socially just.
A company of leaders and innovators, who will do whatever it takes to fulfil the mission. Their ethos is that they will never make products which are not best in class, truly useful and properly made. They are also passionate in promoting a healthy work-life balance, and workplace happiness is at the core of our culture.
In over 5 years, they have shipped their innovative and market-leading products to people in 85+ countries and whilst giving back to the World along the way (including through ann official partnership with the environmental conservation charity Friends of the Earth and the leading animal welfare charity RSPCA).
We are a dynamic, fast growing company with many exciting things in the pipeline, and we're looking for like-minded, bright people to join us on this exciting journey.
Reporting to the COO, we are looking for a highly motivated Magento Developer to join the team to help drive forwards the UI and UX proposition, working on their Magento platform, as we look to bring development inhouse.
I am looking for someone with the right experience, happy to take on a challenge and who is keen develop our UX and UI, has an eagle eye for detail and a willingness to go above and beyond to help grow our business.
You will be the first tech employee in the startup as historically they have used external agencies for tech needs and you will have the chance to shape future direction in this area.
- Work with key stakeholders to plan UX/UI sprints.
- Develop, test and launch UX and UI updates.
- Work with external teams to push changes live, where necessary.
- Provide technical consultation to other team members (internal and external).
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Magento web developer and proven experience with web projects
- In depth knowledge of Magento templates, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience of building responsive web applications
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop
- Navigate effortlessly in an object-orientated environment of PHP and Magento templates
- Structured coding that validates and work across all browsers
- Passionate about clean and efficient user interfaces
- Competent with Git
- Creative and driven with an eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and use your initiative.
Competencies & Values
- Proactive, dynamic & energetic.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, prioritising to always deliver on-time, in-full.
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up, entrepreneurial environment.
- A team player and team builder.
- Environmentally conscious and highly ethical.