Senior Linux Engineer, Unix Engineer - York, Leeds (Yorkshire)
Linux Engineer, Unix Engineer required in the York, Leeds (Yorkshire) region for a global solutions provider within a lucrative and exciting market sector.
In order to be considered, you should have experience in most of the following areas:
- A strong Linux/Unix background
- Experience in a Managed Service and internet facing hosting environment
- Good experience in Java/J2EE application servers/deployment environments (Tomcat, Jetty)
- Some knowledge of networking/database protocols and systems
- Will have worked on large estates in a Senior Engineer capacity
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash etc
- Experience of Cloud Computing and Virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of load balancing and caching technologies
- Knowledge of enterprise storage management; SAN and NAS technologies (EMC, NetApp)
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP network administration
- Experience and knowledge of configuration tools such as cfengine or Puppet
- Experience of transitioning projects into Managed Service support
- Demonstrable experience and quickly becoming familiar with new technologies
- Able to manage and respond positively to dynamic workloads and priorities
- Understanding and experience of the ITIL framework or similar Incident/Change and Problem management processes and procedures
As a Linux Engineer you will have experience in customer facing roles and have a proven track record of commitment in support, build and deployment of quality services - ideally within a managed services environment. You will be interacting with a variety of people including offshore support teams, client managers and business representatives and must be able to explain solutions to both technical and non-technical people coming across as credible and authoritative.
In order to be considered, please send your CV ASAP along with current package and availability details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 667 6601 for more information. Full spec available.