Senior Linux Engineer – Cloud Infrastructure – Max. EU85k + Bonus & Shares – Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Maximum EU85,000 plus up to 20% bonus, shares and good benefits
THE COMPANY AND SITUATION OVERVIEW:
A hugely successful and very fast-growing cloud software company requires an engineer or architect with strong Linux skills to help them architect, build and manage the global cloud infrastructure that runs their SaaS product.
This is a role for career Linux people, those who are Linux through-and-through, passionate advocates of Linux and very non-Microsoft! This team doesn’t have any Windows stuff at all and have told me if you have any Microsoft certifications then you’re probably not right for them, but if you have a Red Hat Certification (RHCA) then you’re almost guaranteed an interview!
Consequently, the experience they are seeking is as follows:
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Strong experience in service troubleshooting in at least two of: Web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks
- Previous direct exposure to engineering and architecting fundamental internet services, either DNS or Mail. We MEAN engineering or architecting experience too: If your experience is solely sys admin, that won’t be sufficient. We’re looking for engineers or architects.
- Familiarity with relational databases: Any of MySQL, Oracle, Sybase MongoDB, Tungsten, Postgresql or similar
- Basic familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing
- EITHER: Experience in Python, OR coding experience in another language and willing to learn Python!
- Basic Understanding of ITIL v3 framework
Please note the above are essential: You require all of the above to be eligible for this role.
This is NOT a reactive support job, this is all about proactive engineering, designing, building and architecting. We’re looking for engineers or architects, not, for example, systems administrators. In this role, you would be a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, responsible for architecting, building and managing the global cloud infrastructure that runs their SaaS product. This is an opportunity to be at the core of building a Cloud SaaS platform that will scale to millions of users. This team architects, builds and operates the server infrastructure that runs their SaaS platform at scale and with high availability, working closely with engineers and developers across the company.
Here you will work with and learn from some of the best in the industry, which will enable you to move into one of two career paths from here: Either Lead Engineer or Architect. You could either focus on soft skills and lead a team, or focus on the technical side and become an architect.
Why come here though? What’s the real attraction?
This is an incredibly fast-growing company, having started only 12 years ago and now worth over US$30 billion. Growth brings opportunity. Additionally, the hiring manager for the role commented “We are nice people, especially in our team! I think it’s difficult to find a team where we actually like everyone and everyone likes each other. We are this kind of team.”
Location: Dublin, Ireland.