Our client is an large public sector organisation based in the centre of Bristol who have an immediate requirement for an Assistant Head of Financial Services to cover 12 months maternity leave.
You will be overseeing and supervising a team 4 and will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Leading the preparation of annual reports and accounts
- Approving supplier payments
- Managing the Accounts Payable system
- Monitoring the reviews of bank account reconciliations
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register
- Approving all journals
- Managing payroll processes
- Leading the submission of monthly VAT returns
- Regular use of Oracle
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate relevant experience, ideally within the publics sector (NHS, Local Government, Education etc) and have a good working knowledge of Oracle.
In addition, you must be immediately available or on a notice period of no longer than a week.