Senior Electronics Engineer
Competitive salary & company benefits
Cyden designs and manufactures IPL (intense pulsed light) hair removal products for use in the home. Due to company growth we are seeking an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer to join our team in Swansea, Wales.
Working alongside senior engineers from other disciplines and supported by engineering management, the Senior Electronics Engineer role will be responsible for delivering the electronics platform supporting both medical and consumer IPL beauty therapy devices. The role will be responsible for the full product development lifecycle and the successful candidate is expected to have an excellent understanding of design for mass manufacture and reliability. The role will encompass a wide range of electronics from opto-electronic sensing, low power amplification, microelectronics, Medium to high voltage (300V-1kV), power semiconductors, mains powered and DC-DC SMPS.
Responsibilities of the Senior Electronics Engineer role:
- Design and development of power, digital and analogue circuits.
- Design, build and test prototypes and write detailed technical reports.
- Ensure that electronic products are designed and tested in accordance with company procedures.
- Management and implementation of cost reduction programmes.
- Reliability and regulatory testing of products (EMC, electrical safety), including submissions to external regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for the PCB design and layout
- Investigation of field and production issues and implementation of corrective actions.
Skills & Experience required for the Senior Electronics Engineer role:
- Educated to HNC/HND level or above in Electronic Engineering
- Experience of high volume consumer electronic product design – including digital and analogue circuitry.
- Experience of working to high level quality standards
- Understanding of best practise design for EMC is required along with a working understanding of a suitable CAD system
- Understanding and working knowledge of a spice based simulator
- Understanding of the testing required to suitably validate the design and to ensure operation during mass production and the ability to effectively communicate test requirements to production
- The role will be required to deliver work to support a wider product development, therefore a good work ethic, professional approach to delivery and the ability to communicate issues to a cross functional team is essential.
- A proven track record of delivery and working understanding of fundamental project and time management processes would benefit the candidate.
- The role will be responsible for delivering a platform that meets all necessary regulatory requirements, therefore an understanding of the required standards and in particular the testing requirements (EMC, Insulation, Fault tolerance) would be highly beneficial
The above is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessary by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
If you feel you have the skills, experience & enthusiasm we are seeking for the Senior Electronics Engineer role, please get in touch.
To apply, please send your CV following the ‘Apply’ link
CyDen was founded in 2002 to design and manufacture IPL machines for professional salons. In 2009 SmoothSkin by ipulse was launched in the UK in partnership with Boots and was the first home use IPL hair removal device on the market. By 2014 SmoothSkin was an established category brand and the latest iteration, SmoothSkin Gold, was launched into International markets. This year marks our latest step towards global commercialisation as a new office was opened in Tokyo.
For more company information, please visit: http://www.cyden.com/