Huntswood are recruiting for a Senior Consultant - Payments to join our growing Financial Crime, Fraud and Payments team.
The Payments team advises and supports clients to achieve effective payment services and systems and to sustain compliance and manage risk in accordance with regulatory requirements. Our payments work spans product roadmaps, payments operating models, payments security, and payments regulatory compliance.
The core focus of all consulting roles is the delivery of consulting engagements which may involve working as both a member of Huntswood or mixed Huntswood/client teams and as a sole consultant, working predominately at client sites.
A Senior Consultant is actively involved in promoting Huntswood's capabilities, in winning work, and in leading and delivering client engagements. Working under the direction of the Payments Principal Consultant, the Senior Consultant is an active member of the team, working with colleagues to develop and deliver the Payments strategy.
* Client delivery on payments engagements, including proactive management of risks and issues to safeguard and enhance Huntswood's reputation and brand.
* Business development: the job holder will develop and support the Payments team, the wider Financial Crime Risk teamand the whole business to maximise opportunities across the market.
* Be an ambassador for Huntswood across the payments industry and contribute / lead on regulatory, client and industry stakeholders' relationships.
* Grow valued relationships with external clients and industry contacts.
* Deliver against key targets and performance indicators.
* Create thought leadership and other SME / brand enhancing collateral.
* Be accountable for the quality of own output and of wider client delivery.
* Meet standards for the FCR function on risk and quality management, cost control and resource utilisation.
Key Performance Indicators;
* Delivery of balanced scorecard targets in line with the agreed FCR business plan.
* Identify opportunities for new client work, across the wider market or building from current engagements
* On-target level of utilisation
* Development of working relationships with other key stakeholders in Huntswood's business to ensure a joined-up, collaborative and strong proposition - in particular working with Complaints (Managed Client Services), Business and Regulatory Affairs (Conduct), People and Learning, Sales, Marketing, and Technology
* To support the marketing collateral being issued to clients by producing or inputting to white papers/blogs/social media
* Continuous development of the reputation of Huntswood's Payments practice through diverse media, and including client meetings and networking, external publications, attendance or speaking at events
* (As appropriate) Ensure staff are annually appraised and provide development opportunities in line with their own development plans and wider objectives
* Technical knowledge of payments, including products and services, payment schemes, payments operations, payments fraud and security, and regulatory rules and requirements. This should include an understanding of industry and regulatory best practice and awareness of relevant technology solutions that support effective operations and compliance
* Client senior stakeholder management
* Project management skills and experience of managing teams and projects.
* Broad grasp of key issues facing the UK Financial Services, including regulation, industry trends, technology innovation, and market and competitor activity.
* Strong technical knowledge of the UK and European payments legal & regulatory environment.
* Proven experience in payments with the ability to manage risks associated with client engagements, ideally having worked in industry or a financial services consulting.
* Expert problem-solving skills within payments and fraud.
* Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with an ability to work in a collaborative team.
* Strong organisational skills and attention to detail when working with clients.
* Entrepreneurial attitude to developing new client-facing propositions and engaging clients in new areas of discussion.
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
* Confidential, reliable and genuine
* Dynamic, passionate and determined
* Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
This is an exciting time to be joining Huntswood, so if you think you would be a suitable candidate the please forward your CV.