Senior Consultant – Renewable / District Energy
Sustainable Energy Ltd is an employee-owned company seeking a seniorconsultant to join our growing decentralised energy team.
Based in central Cardiff, we have been developing solutions and delivering successful low carbon and renewable energy projects for our clients since 1998. As UK leading independent district heating and renewable energy consultants, we have assessed, designed and overseen the implementation of over 100 MW of renewable heating.This as an opportunity to work for a leading company of leading designers, engineers, consultants and project managers who deliver successful high-profile projects to diverse clientsincluding large multinational companies and public-sector organisations.
A desire to achieve recognition in this field and a keen interest in decentralised energy and low carbon projects is essential.
Working at Sustainable Energy
We require an excellent communicator, who values teamwork, has an eye for detail and is able to grow with our company. Candidates will be adaptable to undertake varied tasks whilst maintaining high standards in a very fast moving environment.
As part of an expert team, candidates will need to be flexible, confident, motivated, conscientious and detail focussed. A logical and structured approach to data analysis and problem solving is required and candidates will receivesignificant on the job training.
As a senior consultant you will be required to contribute to numerous renewable heating and district energy projects throughout the UK. Your work will contribute to the feasibility, detailed design and management of projects (including client’s engineer role).
You will work closely with our senior staff and mentoring and training will also be provided by UK experts Gabriel Gallagher (Managing Director) and Paul Woods (Associate).
Duties will include:
- Client facing
- Report writing
- Project managing feasibility studies and designs
- Project review
- Contribution to client engineer roles
- Assisting with tender bids
- Managing data collection and site surveys
- Managing the analysis of large data sets
- Coordinatingenergy demand assessment exercises
- Masterplanning district energy schemes
- Developing detailed business cases, design drawings and specifications
- Working with the
- Other duties and tasks as allocated by team of Directors
Applicants for this role will:
- Have significant experience in engineering or sustainability consultancy
- Hold a relevant degree (higher qualification would be advantageous)
- Demonstrate experience in assessing key technologies including CHP, biomass and heat pumps
- Be proficient in using MS Office software
Some work outside normal office hours and travel to and from UK-wide client sites will be required.
Competitive Salary including benefits and bonus potential.
If you would like the opportunity to work for this market leading company, then please provide a CV