A growing medical device company require an experienced Molecular Biologist to join its Surrey R&D Facility. Your role will be to develop and expand nucleic acid analysis capabilities. You will have a minimum of a BSc in Molecular Biology, or a related subject, and have hands-on experience in qRT-PCR assay development.
- Key technical and analytical studies in circulating tumour cell molecular analysis
- Close interactions with R&D team of biologists, engineers and product management
- Assay development in molecular biology (qRT-PCR, nucleic acid analysis)
- Development of automated nucleic acid analysis solutions
- Ability to work independently and plan and deliver multiple individual projects.
- Development of innovative techniques
- Contribute to laboratory record management and quality systems.
- You will have a minimum of 2:1 BSc in Life Sciences, with at least 3 years post-graduate experience in oncology or molecular biology, preferably gained in the in vitro diagnostics industry in diagnostic assay development/validation OR a PhD in a relevant subject
- Experience in a range of molecular biology techniques
- qRT-PCR assay development is essential
- Bioanalyser experience highly desirable
- Experience in nucleic acid array analysis solutions highly desirable
- Background in oncology preferred
- Flexible approach to requirements of the job
- Excellent team work skills
25 days holiday + Banks, a discretionary health scheme with AXA PPP; Group Life Cover based on 1.5 times salary,enrolment in a workplace pension scheme with The National Savings Trust (NEST) under the auto-enrolment legislation, free parking
Cranleigh Scientific is acting as sole agency in the recruitment of this opportunity. Please contact Katie Pink for further information on firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp