We are currently recruiting for a Scaffold Design Engineer to provide designs and engineering advice and support to the operations and business development teams. You will be expected to provide workable, practical and economical engineered solutions with accurate calculations within the deadline required. Produce clear and accurate drawings, which maximise the businesses chances of winning extra work.
Responsibilities will include;
• Assess customer’s requirements through site visits and /or the customer’s schedule to provide a value engineered solution.
• Produce drawings to customer requirements or by converting estimating drawings, providing accurate calculations, ensuring drawings comply with legislative and company requirements and procedures
• Attend customer meetings to present solutions and discuss proposals
• Provide briefings on drawings to the operations team. Provide advice and support during erection process on engineering issues
• Oversee the erection process from an engineering viewpoint including conducting site visits to inspect complex structures to ensure they are constructed to drawing/design
• Ensure that designs are in line with health and safety, produced with safety of erection and any perceived hazards clearly identified and noted on drawings
• Revise drawings or advice if required according to changes in the customer specification or site conditions
• Ensure that all administrative tasks are carried out efficiently
• Ensure familiarisation with best practice and industry guidance and implement as appropriate
• Provide support to the training and coaching of new members of the design team
• Support and promote a team culture and company values
You will already have relevant experience of construction design, including Access Scaffolding and be qualified to ONC or above in Construction or Civil Engineering. You will also be able to read and understand engineering plans and section details, experience on AutoCAD is essential.
Our Client is one of the industry’s best known and well respected names within the access services field