Position: Sales Executive
Salary: Up to £30k depending on experience
The Company: My client are food processing machinery providers
- Provide internal and external support for the sales team whilst receiving training and work experience in a sales role. The initial training period will be largely, although not exclusively, office based.
- The successful candidate will provide internal sales administration and marketing support to the sales team, whilst also developing the knowledge needed to make a successful transition into a field-based sales role.
- The training and experience will ultimately lead this person to the position of Sales Executive, provided they have successfully achieved each stage of the Induction and Development process.
- This person will follow a clearly defined and structured training plan combining office and field-based activities. The training period will include, but is not limited to, the following: -
- In house sales training program geared towards the needs of the company and the food industry
- Provision of sales administration and marketing support
- Use of internal systems and CRM
- Product and application training
- Accompanied customer training visits
- Supplier visits and product / application training
- Following up and managing defined leads generated from marketing campaigns
- Ownership of defined customer base, and contact management to an agreed plan
- Prospecting new customers and integrating them into internal CRM system.
- The successful candidate will be an integral part of the sales team and become involved in all aspects of the sales process.
- To begin with there will be no set sales target and the focus will be on the administration and marketing support for the current team. This will achieve a thorough understanding of the company’s business and internal processes, in preparation for the move into target-based field sales.
- They will be able to initially assist in live projects, alongside the sales team, providing whatever role and support is deemed necessary and beneficial for their training and development.
- There will also be an opportunity to deal with live sales enquiries, this will hopefully create an environment where the candidate can gain experience of the role, before moving to field sales with defined KPI’s, annual target and customer list to manage.
- There will be in place a clearly defined and structured training plan to transition to the full Field Sales Role.
- The induction/ training period will include, but is not limited to, the following: -
- Sales administration support
- Marketing support and activities
- Product and application training
- Supplier visits and training
- Update and maintain CRM system
- Internal procedures and systems including sales reporting
- Specific projects, targets, KPI’s and objectives – to be agreed with Sales Director
- Telephone prospecting to a defined database of contacts
- Managing live sales enquiries under the guidance and support of the Sales Director
- “Shadowing” colleagues on live projects and assisting where practical.
- Setting up and over seeing customer trials, both at the company and on site, to include delivery, installation and customer training.
- Sending introduction letters and literature packs and following up using CRM system.
- Writing and sending targeted area mail shots (letters, e-mails), including telephone follow ups.
- Covering other departments for holidays etc.
- Machine demonstrations to customers when other Sales Executives are out of the office.
- Producing and sending product samples to customers.
- Assisting with machine installations
- Employee Events
- Health Care On Site
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans