SQL Server Developers
We’re expanding and have opportunities for junior, intermediate and senior SQL developers both full and part time.
Lifecycle Software is a leading specialist software supplier within the Mobile Telecommunications sector. Our clients include mobile networks alongside house hold names and niche mobile providers so the projects are pretty exciting.
Our organisation prides itself on developing its staff and providing excellent career opportunities. You will not be a cog in a wheel, your contribution will be tangible and visible. So if you are enthused by the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing organisation in an exciting market area, this could be an ideal opportunity for you to join our team 45+ staff.
The SQL Server Developer role involves the design development of data models to support enterprise applications taking advantage Microsoft SQL Server and open source database technologies. As well as being involved in the development of new products, the successful candidate will also create new and exciting features for our core products in the telecommunication and online payment sectors. You’ll be involved in all stages of the development process, from analysis and design to implementation and testing. Working in an agile environment, the successful candidate requires the ability to both work in a team and individually.
· The design and support of stable, reliable and effective databases.
· Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practice
· Provide data management support to users
· Requirements review, liaising with clients to provide a solution and integrate the software
· Full lifecycle development, design, specification, development, implementation, testing, support
· Recording progress on activities and actions within Lifecycle’s CRM systems
· Maintaining Lifecycle Brand values
- Experience using MS SQL Server and SSIS (2012+ is advantageous)
- Creating databases, tables, schema, views, functions, stored procedures, indexes and applying appropriate security.
- Strong hands on TSQL scripting knowledge and experience
- Performance tuning of SQL objects
- Maintain source/version control for all development work
- Ability to see a project through from inception to completion including technical installation.
- Understanding and knowledge of the SQL Server features such as Log Shipping, Backups, Mirroring, Partitioning etc
- Good SQL infrastructure knowledge - clustering, virtualisation, storage - bonus if this is hands-on experience, more than just knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience
- An ability to multi-task on concurrent projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, autonomous, organised and methodical with attention to detail
- Enthusiasm of learning new technologies
- Experience of telecoms billing processes and/or systems
- NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB
- Any exposure to Java & Scala
- Hibernate or other ORM
- Experience of CRM processes/systems
- Linux experience would be an advantage
- Web Services: SOAP and Rest
- IT networking
The successful candidate will be rewarded with competitive salary dependant on experience, and technically challenging, cutting edge projects. It is important that the successful candidate has a passion for learning new technologies.
The role can be full time or part time with hours to suit (typically we would expect a part time role to be 0.6 or 0.8 FTE worked over 5 days to provide continuity to projects, although other options may be considered).
The vacancy is based in the Newbury office and the successful candidate will be a self-starter who is willing to work autonomously.
The benefits package includes 24 days holiday plus ‘your birthday off’, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work promotions, holiday buy/sell options and a stakeholder pension. (Benefits and salary pro-rated for part time position based on hours).
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
ALL CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO REVIEW THE ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING.
PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU NEED ANY LEVEL OF SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UK AND ADVISE OF YOUR CURRENT STATUS.