Our client has one of the largest lighting specialist showrooms in the UK with more than 2,700 quality and stylish lighting models on display. This showroom is a trade showroom as well as a retail outlet which is open to the public.
Main Role Outlined
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, professional and experienced sales assistant who can provide excellent customer service as well as have practical skills to help install and maintain showroom displays.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, well presented, articulate and have a proven sales background in selling high quality products to discerning customers. This varied and split role involves everyday duties of maintaining the presentation of the showroom and serving customers. Full product and internal sales training will be given.
Plus working in the Testing department during the quiet trading days in the showroom. Inspecting and electrical testing mainly our imported fittings. Full training will be given and will suit methodical but sharp minded individuals who can cope with both high standards of work detail with production efficiency.
Hours in the showroom: Mon and Fri, 9–5.30PM
Hours in Testing Department Tues - Thurs, 9-5.30pm (Standby for showroom cover)
Plus occasional Saturdays in the showroom to cover holiday 9am-5.30pm. (Time to be taken in Lieu of any Saturdays worked.)
Core duties and skills required for the showroom include:
• Maintaining extremely high levels of customer service at all times. Be able to interact and serve a wide spectrum of clients. This could also include trade visitors on occasion looking for showroom display products or products to specify into large projects.
• Keeping accurate records relating to showroom sales and stock.
• Processing customer payments and orders with attention to detail and accuracy. Follow up on customer communications for outstanding orders with regular progress updates to provide excellent customer service.
• Answering the telephone and dealing with customer enquiries.
• Input into updating displays, developing new displays and refurbishing showroom décor and layout.
• Keeping the showroom clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
• Work as a team player both relating to the spread of work as well as achieving monthly sales targets.
Core duties and skills required for the Testing/Wiring Department include:
• Wiring/Testing of lights to BS 60958 approval.
• Packing of finished goods.
• Maintain cleanliness of own work area.
• Quality Assurance of finished products.
• Quality Assurance of lighting components.
• Report faults to Team Leader.
• Ability to lift medium to heavy items.
• General assistance from time to time as required by the company in other aspects of the business.
If you have what it takes to succeed in this fast-paced and exciting environment, please "Apply Now" with your CV and Cover letter.
All applications will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration, we look forward to hearing from you!