A well-established construction company specialising in providing groundworks services, reinforced concrete sub-structures and superstructures to the UK construction industry have an immediate requirement for an experienced SHEQ Advisor to join their team covering London and South East.
Key Skills: SHEQ Advisor, construction, groundworks, RC frame
Salary: Circa £50,000 - £60,000 depending upon exp and qualifications.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established business. We are looking for an SHEQ Advisor with a positive personality with a strong character to be able to work with Project Managers to promote company culture in Health & Safety. As SHEQ Advisor it is essential you have good oral and written communication skills with the ability to work with operational site staff.
Main Scope of Role:
Working with the site team to co-ordinate, support and give advice on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
We are looking for a SHEQ Advisor who has worked in a construction environment. Groundworks and RC frame experience is essential. Advantageous qualifications include:
- Train the Trainer qualification in Abrasive Wheels
- Cat and Genny
- Manual Handling
- Face Fit
- CPCS Appointed Person
- Environmental experience is desirable. The role will be split London and the South East.
Role responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Carry out risk assessments, considering how risks could be reduced
- Check all lifting procedures
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Review sub-contractors RAMS for compliance to company requirements
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Make changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Assist in preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the company
Please click apply now for more details