Our Company is growing fast, and entering a new and exciting stage of development so it’s a great time to join us. Our strengths lie in local classified advertising, niche web marketplaces, ecommerce, recruitment and digital services. We are expanding in the UK and internationally, and currently operate from offices in Brighton, Preston, Pembroke, Miami, Bangalore and Barcelona.
We're looking for a talented, smart SEO professional to manage and deliver the Organic Search strategy for some of our key business areas. You'll be strong from a technical SEO standpoint, but also have experience in off-page practises and link building methods. You’ll be part of a growing marketing team, but also benefit from the breadth of expertise and great people at Friday Media Group.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Head of SEO
- Developing first-class SEO campaigns for a range of niche websites.
- Putting together technical website audits and recommendations in order to improve the visibility of your websites.
- Communicating with colleagues to provide recommendations and advice regarding the SEO strategies.
- Undertaking technical audits, including crawl analysis, site speed improvements, schema markup, index bloat.
- Directly implementing those recommendations where necessary/possible and dealing with developers otherwise.
- Carrying out both on-page and off-page audits.
- Working closely with the Content and Outreach team to deliver content to build backlinks.
- Liaising with key FMG personnel and departments to deliver the strongest possible commercial and strategic offering.
- Ensuring that your knowledge of the digital marketing industry is kept up to date and relevant by researching/reading blogs and news sources.
- Analyse the SEO industry and identify threats and opportunities.
- Sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Assisting with training of other staff members.
We are looking for talented individuals with drive and ambition who will stand out from the crowd and really help the websites grow. We’re looking for good technical SEO knowledge, as well as creative abilities and excellent personal skills.
- Proven history of working in SEO, and getting results.
- Excellent understanding of Google Algorithms - Panda, Penguin, Quality
- Fully proficient in Google Analytics and Search Console
- Experience using SEO tools such as MOZ, Screaming Frog, Majestic, SEMrush etc
- Ability to liaise with directly developers, as well as non-technical staff.
- Ability to distinguish good quality backlinks, from toxic.
- Professional, confident and friendly manner
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with hreflang and international SEO
- Experience working with large site SEO
- Experience with website migrations
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and content management systems
- A good understanding of other aspects of online marketing including PPC, Social Media, Content Marketing, CRO etc.
- A geek when it comes to Excel
What We Will Offer You:
- 2pm finish every Friday
- 25 days holiday
- A vibrant, relaxed and non corporate working environment
- On site Gym, and discounted Holiday accommodation in Wales and Spain
- Free fruit
- Opportunity to develop your SEO career and deliver growth on market leading websites
- Opportunity to work alongside highly talented digital marketing professionals
- Competitive Salaries
- Company Pension scheme
Location: Sayers Common
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience