Repair / Maintenance Engineer
Norfolk and Norwich Hospital
Competitive salary + additional benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Based Endoscopy Support Operative to join us on a permanent position where you will be based at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital. The focus of your role will be to strengthen the Genmed managed service delivery by providing support and assistance to the Endoscopy department located in the new build at the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
You will play a crucial part in ensuring Endoscopy lists run smoothly and to time in order to prevent any inconvenience to the public. This position will report to the Operations Manager for Endoscopy.
The key responsibilities of the Repair / Maintenance Engineer include:
- Control stock of accessories used in the day to day operation of the department
- First line maintenance of equipment in the department. This includes the endoscopy electro mechanical/audio/visual equipment, medical gas machines, endoscopy beds and chairs
- Control of keeping stock levels of consumables also to include loan requirement for main line endoscopes
- To liaise and communicate effectively with customer and supplier staff at all levels
- To support Genmed contract administration staff with data reconciliation reports when required
- To Communicate effectively with other departments in the trust, either in transport of patient data, or goods
- To work closely with Hospitals Medical Electronics, EBME, to ensure the department is fully operational at all times
- To provide other unspecified assistance on an ad-hoc basis as and when required by Genmed.me Limited management
Our ideal Site Repair / Maintenance Engineer will have the following:
- Mechanical/technical training, including fine hand skills
- Other previous mechanical experience is desirable
- Proactive and focused on system and improvement within an Endoscopy environment
- Some knowledge and experience of Medical procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work to tight timescales
**Previous experience in maintaining & repairing medical devices is highly desirable but not essential**
To be considered for the role of Repair / Maintenance Engineer please submit your CV today via the APPLY button below.
GENMED is a leading vendor-neutral managed services provider involved in all clinical disciplines within hospitals and public healthcare institutions, and their related IT and Infrastructure requirements.With management experience in all clinical areas overseeing a core team and an extended network of 250+ experts across all areas of our supply and delivery platforms, GENMED’s focus is centred on securing value for our customers through managing supplier relationships.