New opportunity not to be missed! Ordnance Survey has a unique opportunity available for a Remote Sensing Surveyor to join the team based in Southampton. Joining us on a 2 year full time, fixed term contract basis, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £25,000 per annum and excellent benefits – this is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life.
OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services. And most famously we ensure outdoor leisure is enjoyable, accessible and safe. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation for being the world’s most trusted and inspiring geospatial partner.
OS is progressing a number of exciting projects so customers can access data in a highly sophisticated way. Through innovative use of latest technologies OS has the potential and opportunity to significantly improve the lives of millions of people across the globe. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of OS as we deliver the best for Britain, grow revenues more widely and build a world-leading digital economy of the future.
About the Remote Sensing Surveyor role
We are looking for great people to join our Remote Sensing Services team, who are keen to help us collect, edit and maintain the most accurate and up-to-date geographical information of Great Britain. Initially you will be working in our imagery and height flowlines, for your 2-year fixed term appointment, but could be asked to work with other remote sensing teams as priorities change. There is potential for the Remote Sensing Surveyor appointment to be extended dependent upon business needs. Necessary training will be provided to help you develop in the role.
You will need to demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria:
- Attention to detail; able to efficiently provide accurate information or data to a high standard
- Planning, scheduling and monitoring personal production to effectively contribute to individual and team targets
- Identifying, communicating and implementing improvements that increased personal or team performance
- Identifying issues and risks to delivery and either resolving these or escalating to the appropriate person
- Displaying positive behaviours when working with others and creating a professional and trusting relationship with a wide range of people
We offer fantastic benefits to the Remote Sensing Surveyor
- Salary – Circa £25,000
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
- Flexible working hours
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the world’s leading map making and big data organisation as our Remote Sensing Surveyor.
Closing date: Friday 8th June 2018