Relationship Director - Agriculture (Landed Estates)
As a Barclays Relationship Director, you will provide excellent customer service and build deep customer relationships through managing a portfolio of Landed Estates (Agriculture) customers to maximise sustainable income, increasing wallet share and winning new business.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
Barclays has been providing support to the Agriculture industry for over 270 years and spans a number of sectors including Farming, Food, BioEnergy and Agri-Investment. Our potential in Barclays Agriculture UK is built around the strength and depth of our relationships with individuals, families and businesses in communities across the UK; coupled with great technological innovation to make their lives easier. Focusing on deepening the relationships we have with our clients, creating innovative products and propositions that serve their needs, unafraid to challenge ourselves, and partner with others, to find new solutions which help them to continue to grow their business.
As a Relationship Director, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Ensuring that Credit Risk Accreditation status is achieved and maintained by achieving effective risk management of portfolio and adhering to pricing policies for debt
* Taking ownership of large complex credit applications, ensuring robust monitoring, control and sound judgement is exercised whilst contributing to the team EOS plan by being involved in writing the plan
* Following customer centric and professional customer service process using the prioritisation model of organising the portfolio by value and potential
* Delivering tailored levels of service and advice according to customer needs and expectations in line with cost-to-serve best practices
* Raising the team's profile in the external market, taking the lead at external events such as Agricultural shows working closely with marketing, the team and line manager
* Supporting the team in building relationships across the local community to ensure that Barclays is sensitive to the community's needs and recognized as an active contributor to it
As a Relationship Director, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Extensive experience and successful track record of excelling in a relationship management role whilst influencing and building relationships with a range of external and internal stakeholders
* Very strong knowledge of Barclays Business customers, services and products and a strong knowledge of other products and services provided across the wider Barclays Group
* Strong level of knowledge and experience around commercial lending and credit risk
* A strong level of knowledge of the agricultural market place and the factors affecting farming domestically and abroad
* A proven track record in generating value from marketing activity underpinned by an expertise in monitoring, measurement and evaluation of activity and demonstration of return on investment
* Qualifications in IFS: ACIB, PCertB, Cert BB&C, DipBB&C or Omega Credit Skills Development (CSD) are preferable or you can demonstrate a desire to commence professional study and work towards completion of IFS Diploma of Business Banking or Omega Credit Skills Development (CSD) within 12 months of starting in role
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.