Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above we want to hear from you, as we have an exciting opportunity for a Regulatory Scientist to join our team based in Wilton.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, is delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek’s support for Chemical & Pharmaceutical industries goes beyond assurance, testing, inspection, and certification. Their global network of sophisticated, highly regulated and advanced laboratories, coupled with their scientific expertise offers clients a broad scope of expert support, from accelerating new product research and development to helping them protect their intellectual property.
This resource, coupled with field of regulatory experts and experienced scientists and engineers from the industry, enables Intertek to ensure the safety, quality and performance of new products, while providing true problem-solving and business improvement support.
About the role
Intertek Wilton’s Regulatory compliance services include, but are not limited to, global food contact compliance, medical and pharmaceutical packaging, and toys. Intertek Wilton’s REACH compliance services include, but are not limited to, Only Representative services, REACH inquiry and registration dossier work and substance identity analyses.
The principal accountability of the job holder will be to provide Regulatory and REACH compliance project support as delegated by Intertek Wilton Regulatory and REACH consultants. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
Scope Food contact: be able to advise clients on a range of regulatory obligations and compliance strategies from simple OM and SM testing up to the data requirements for a food contact notification dossiers in EU and FDA.
Scope REACH: be able to advise clients on substance and article REACH obligations and compliance strategies from substance identity testing to co-registrant dossier submission & Only Representative work.
Liaise between consultants and Intertek Wilton analytical staff to devise scientific and strategic compliance plans and quote complete programmes of work to meet customers’ Regulatory and REACH requirements.
Scope Food contact: have knowledge of the food contact compliance testing requirements to understand what the consultants [and ultimately clients] require and be able to discuss with Wilton analytical staff to devise compliance testing programmes.
Scope REACH: have knowledge of the REACH testing requirements to understand what the consultants [and ultimately clients] require and be able to discuss with Wilton analytical staff to devise REACH compliance testing programmes.
1. Provide written reports in a timely and accurate manner to meet Regulatory and REACH requirements.
• Independently writing Food contact risk assessments
• Independently writing Only Representative reports
• Independently writing Annual REACH client reports
• Independently meeting client and Regulatory delivery deadlines
Scope Food contact: Knowledge of principles of risk assessment when applied to Food contact materials, and the ability to communicate effectively in the written format to meet the client needs and deadlines.
Scope REACH: Knowledge of REACH obligations for EU and non-EU companies, and the ability to communicate effectively in the written format to meet the client needs and deadlines.
Scope Food contact: Knowledge and application of the food contact FCN requirements and preparation of submissions in the appropriate software.
Scope REACH: Knowledge of the different types of REACH dossiers as well as preparation and submission of the dossiers to ECHA
Scope Food contact: A key service provided to Intertek Wilton food contact clients is the organisation and maintenance of their compliance documents in a dedicated SharePoint site.
Scope Food contact: As part of continuing training and development the Regulatory Scientist is expected to train/mentor more junior members of staff.
Scope REACH: As part of continuing training and development the Regulatory Scientist is expected to train/mentor more junior members of staff.
Further details regarding the Scope and responsibilities will be made available to those candidates who are invited for interview
The site operates core hours are 37.5 hours per week.
Required skills and experience
• Good IT literacy skills
• Strong background in global Food Contact and EU REACH legislation
• A good understanding of analytical chemistry techniques
• Planning and organisational skills including effective time and work management
• Basic understanding of key toxicological and risk assessment principles
• Demonstration of commercial awareness and client communication skills
• Knowledge and experience of using IUCLID to generate REACH Inquiry and Registration dossiers
• Knowledge of GHS and CLP would be an advantage
• Experience of working to Quality standards
• Promotes company values to others and supports values in daily activities and decisions
• Results driven to focus contribution on activities which meet company goals and deliver the greatest value
• Ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement and innovation
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• The ability to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community
• Motivated, self-starter
• Encourage teamwork (promote operational synergies and alignment) to support each other, our customers and grow together
• Highly energised mind-set with willingness and desire to learn and adapt individually
• Drive performance by ensuring performance expectations are met
• Fosters integrity and honesty
• Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards
• Highly organised with strong attention to detail
• Confident communicator(written/ oral) and able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
Why join Intertek?
For more than 130 years, Intertek’s story has always been about innovation. In 1885 we began testing and certifying grain cargoes before they were put to sea, and in 1888 we pioneered the idea of independent testing laboratories. Then in 1896, the greatest inventor of them all became part of our story - Thomas Edison, who released the wonders of electricity and the light bulb in a Quality Assured way. This is a journey we now continue, through our network of 43,000 talented and energised people across multiple global business lines.
Intertek is a family that is committed to working together to bring quality and safety to life in an environment which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions, as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving their business objectives.
By joining Intertek’s global team you will share our vision of becoming the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance. In addition you will work with some of the best, brightest, and most inspiring people in the Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry who go above and beyond to deliver Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide whilst exceeding customer expectations, globally 24/7.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies