RGN / RMN ("Qualified Staff") - Day / Night Shift
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience
Bethshan Nursing Home Ltd (CA28 8HB) require an RGN or RMN: 36 hours 12-month Contract: Plus any Bank shifts with possibility of extending contract.
Accountable: Proprietor/ Manger
- To ensure that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with care plans.
- To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. Incontinence), helping with the others of disabilities aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
- To help with the organisation of social activities, and to participate in them to help promote resident’s physical and mental well being.
- To accompany residents on community visits where required and as duty rotas permit.
- To monitor and control resident’s nutritional and dietary requirements.
- The RGN / RMN (day / night nurse) must help serve food, assisting with residents with eating and drinking as required. To prepare light meals and snacks if required liaising with kitchen staff as necessary.
- To care for residents who may be temporarily sick or needing nursing procedures.
- To monitor resident’s conditions and report any changes to manager as necessary.
- The RGN / RMN (day / night nurse) must help to maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulation. To report all accidents to the manager.
- To read and write reports, and to participate in staff and residents, meeting as appropriate.
- To participate in training activities/ course, as directed by management.
- To help care for residents who are terminally ill.
- To undertake other duties, as necessary.
The Bethany House Group aims to achieve many objectives.
The main one is to give excellent care to the clients. As a qualified nurse you are well aware of your responsibilities as a registered nurse. All staff at The Bethany House Group are required to work as a team.
As a registered nurse you will be responsible for the running of the shift, allocating staff to their working day. You will be giving daily hand over to other members of the team. You will be responsible to the registered manager and proprietors.
Our clients always come first. However, when the lounges are empty at night it is your duty to ensure these are cleaned with the help of other care staff on duty, making it clean and pleasant for clients who get up early.
You will be required to administer medication when required as stated in the medication files. These must be documented accordingly. (See policy for giving medication).
As a senior staff member you will work and liaise with other multi disciplinary teams, gaining and passing on information when needed. You will document in daily reports and assist in care plans and complete assessment tools for individual clients. These must be kept up to date where appropriate.
You will support and help families where possible, and pass on any concerns to higher management.
Clinical skills are to be used and information passed on and documented. Nurses with training certificates may be asked to hold training days to pass on their skills to other members of staff. The company will provide all training equipment.
You will be required to attend the mandatory training days and attend staff meetings. Other training days will be on offer to you enhancing your skills.