Commercial Controller/Quantity Surveyor
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Controller/QS to join their team on a permanent basis based in Brandesburton.
This is a hand’s on role in a fast paced environment you must have worked for a minimum for 5 years in a similar role ideally with JCT and NEC experience.
Experience, Qualifications & Training
• · Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• · Ability to work with minimum supervision
• · Ability to understand drawings and building design
• · Problem solving
• · Commercial contract review
• · Financial project management
• · PC Literate; Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
• · 5 years commercial experience + Industry knowledge and/or QS experience
• · Principle Accountabilities
Prepare and issue:
• · Regular account development reviews to clients
• · Update project management system with revenue and costs to manage the project out turn
• · Project reports
• · Applications for payment with necessary client approval including sub-contract
• · Final accounts reconciliation, to be settled within two months of completion of the project
• · Payment certificates
Liaising with Managers and clients:
• · To review progress of project
• · Resolve problems
• · Attend site visits
• · Manage financial aspects and out turn of projects plus minus 60 projects
• · Manage application and certification process of projects
• · Authorisation of purchase orders (receipting)
• · Manage variation process with contractors, clients or customers
• · Approving subcontractor works orders for payment
• · Manage cash collection process
• · Pricing documents for projects
• · Contract reviews for projects Inc. JCT and NEC
• · Retention recovery
• · Cash flow analysis
• · Ad hoc tasks and reporting as requested
What you can expect from them….
Our client is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of modular building solutions Established in 1956, offering exceptional service, innovative products and an unrivalled build quality across hire and sale.
Working alongside the world’s biggest construction companies on some of the country’s most prestigious projects, they have a proven track record in delivering a high standard of modular buildings quickly and efficiently across many market sectors.
They recognisesthat the skills and expertise their employees possess is of paramount importance to the future of their company and to this end look to train and develop their employees within their chosen career paths for the mutual benefit of both employees and their company.
They are always interested in talking to candidates who have a passion for their work and who believe that working within the modular industry is a discipline they want to explore.
Competitive Salary + benefits depending on experience