Are you an experienced Quality Engineer looking for job security? My client is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their expanding team. The company is in need of new staff due to the increase in workload.
One of the aerospace industry's largest and most diverse manufacturers of specialist components.
- Maintain and improve the quality management systems, processes and related approvals
- Support, develop and improve the relationship with our quality contacts within our customer base
- Support and promote improvement activities to directly benefit our products and manufacturing processes
- To work within cross functional teams to support business development, growth and improvement projects as required.
- To support, develop, maintain and improve the company's quality management system and conduct internal audits against the system.
- To support and lead on customer audits, and ensure that all customer requirements are satisfied.
- To develop and support the systems and co-ordinate the activities required for approvals/regulation by external bodies.
- To support calibration activity of all instrument on regular basis
- To liaise with customers on any customer quality concerns and takes the necessary steps to resolve such concerns.
- To conduct root cause analyses, SPC and other appropriate quality tools and techniques to ensure that the manufacturing processes meet customer requirements.
- To provide technical support for the processes carried out in the Treatments facility.
- To manage and develop the members of the Operations and Production team to ensure the appropriate level of skills and knowledge exist to support the ongoing requirements of the business
- To support the development of a culture of continuous improvement within the organisation.
- To work in conjunction with the site management team, identifying opportunities to implement best practice.
- To liaise with manufacturing function to provide support for problem resolution as required.
- To support cost reduction initiatives.
- Qualified Engineer
- Previous Internal auditing experience
- Experience in lean tools such as 8D, Kaizen (Continues Improvement) process
- Experience in customer facing for quality related products / issues
- Chemical and special processes knowledge
- Aerospace manufacturing background ideally specific NADCAP experience
- New Product Introduction & associated tools FMEA, APQP + PPAP Awareness
- Practical Problem Solving skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills covering all levels of the organisation
- Excellent IT Skills
- The role is a days based role and will involve no weekends
- Salary circa £30k - £35k