Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
Alabaré Christian Care & Support are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Alabare are looking for a Quality & Care Registered Manager to take responsibility for the quality and audit of care of the Supported Living homes and services, by ensuring the implementation and compliance of the requirements of the Care Act 2014, Care Quality Commission and other known standards of care by promoting professional and service delivery best practice.
To ensure that each service user is safeguarded and receives the care and support appropriate to their individual needs. Ensuring a nurturing and caring environment for service users which is conducive to their physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs and promotes their independence and person choice to live the life they choose.
The hours are 37.5 per week which are negotiable. The annual salary is £24,720 rising to £26,266.50 after a successful 6 months' probation period.
- Organisation, planning and scheduling of care and service auditing.
- Ensure that staff training is in line with best practice, organisational policy and CQC requirements.
- Ensure an effective key working system that recognises the physical, psychological, social, spiritual and emotional needs of service users and referring to relevant professionals where necessary.
- Directly supervise and assist staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care and support using person centred and independence building approaches that promote dignity and respect and set outcome goals.
- To be responsible for developing the homes and service in conjunction with the Operational Manager. This will include gaining information and feedback about the services from a range of stakeholders, researching, business planning and co-presenting plans to the Chief Executive.
- To liaise with Care Managers, other professionals and family members to identify the changing needs of Service Users and jointly create new support plans and to gain access to appropriate additional services as required.
- To train Team Leaders to carry out effective personal assessments and suitability of prospective service for Home & Community clients using the Alabaré eligibility criteria in liaison with Adult Social Care Departments and other key stakeholders, ensuring equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To ensure effective risk assessments and support plans are in place for service users using the Person Centred Planning system. To promote the expressed wishes and choices of clients to live the life they choose which enables them to take appropriate risks and minimise harm.
Management Registered Manager | Audit | Quality | Care | Support
- Relevant qualifications in Care to level 4 or level 5
- Sound knowledge and understanding of appropriate legislation including CQC Essential Care Standards and Care Act 2014, DoLS, MCA and Safeguarding
- Management experience
- Ability to lead and manage a staff team
- Budgetary and administrative skills
- IT competent in word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and organisational ability
- Ability to prioritise deadlines
- Understanding of care and person centre planning.
- Hold current driving licence with access to a vehicle
- To be or have been a Registered Manager
- Of working with adults with a learning disability, mental ill-health and or autism
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of keyworking system
- Managerial or supervisory experience
- Leading team meetings
- Quality assurance
- Leading change
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award, Two Ticks, and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Why work for Alabaré?
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of Alabaré. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity.
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years' service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this.
- Comprehensive Induction Training
- Access to award-winning training and development - My Learning Cloud
- Generous sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- A choice of 2 Pension contributions Schemes; NEST or Alabaré (Friends Life) Alabaré will contribute 6% of your salary and you 3%
- Tax-free childcare vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus