Qualified Key stage 3 & 4 Teacher with SEN experience
PK Education is working in partnership with 3 large SEMH schools in the Leeds area. One of the secondary schools will be opening in September. The settings are large spacious SEMH Schools that have high tech materials and resources for teachers to hit the ground running, providing innovative teaching & Learning pedagogy. Each individual pupil will have their own personal EHC Plan. The maximum number of pupils in each classroom are 9 pupils. The schools require qualified teachers that can be flexible and adaptable with an opportunity to become permanent for the right individual. This is an opportunity to really bring engaging and innovative teaching and learning for pupils in this setting.
For this role you will:
Must hold qualified teacher status or equivalent.
Experience teaching pupils with SEMH, SEN, ADHD, Attachment Disorder, low level educational attainment, global developmental delay
Highly confident teaching across curriculum content
Must have experience and knowledge of teaching primary model curriculum and can demonstrate teaching this to pupils in Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
Have strong classroom behaviour management.
Team Teach trained is an advantage but not essential.
Provide a positive climate for Teaching & Learning.
Can keep pupils engaged and on task to complete the work set.
PK Education offer all support staff:
• Fair rates of pay between £125-£160 which are fully AWR compliant
• A personal consultant who will work tirelessly to find you the work you want
• Support with CV’s and interview advice
• An excellent refer a friend scheme to earn £150 of vouchers per candidate referred
• Caring and supportive service which will exceed your expectations of supply teaching agencies
• PK education is committed to safeguarding and we work in line with the Safer Recruitment process. We are also committed to equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants.
What to do if this role isn’t for you?
• PK Education work with schools to recommend high quality staffing solutions in recruitment of teachers and support staff. We have many longer-term supply teaching jobs in Huddersfield, Wakefield, Bradford or Leeds based, or perhaps you would prefer part time, short term or day to day work. If you would like to hear about other Leeds, Bradford or Huddersfield teaching jobs please visit our website and get in touch with our SEN Consultant, Tracey Lynch by emailing or applying using the appropriate link.