Job Title: Purchasing and Quality Manager
Job: Full time
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Cosy Direct. As the successful candidate you will lead the Purchasing team of this fast growing mail order business operating in the public/private sector. This is a high volume business with a large number of SKU’s and suppliers.
The Successful Candidate:
The successful candidate will be required to run and develop all aspects of the Purchasing function and supply chain. This will cover everything from purchasing strategy, forecasting, ordering and expediting, product quality and testing, building and sustaining relationships with new and existing suppliers, rationalisation, sourcing new suppliers, negotiations, product development.
We are looking for candidates with relevant experience having worked within the wooden product industry, joinery industry, DIY supplies or similar.
You will ideally have a track record in creating and developing purchasing strategies, negotiating best terms, developing products quality controls, initiating supplier development and partnership optimisation with all suppliers.
This role requires an individual with a proactive and flexible outlook and someone who is prepared to roll their sleeves up, manage suppliers directly as well as manage a small team to ensure the successful running of a commercial purchasing function.
Reporting into the Managing Director the main responsibilities will include:• Deliver and develop the key KPIs of the function – availability, pricing, stock levels.
• Provide strong management, training and development to the team.
• Add significant value as a senior manager within the business.
• Ensuring strong products quality controls and 100% product and supplier compliance and safety.
• Actively increasing the width of our key supply base to remove capacity hotspots to an agreed level, whilst rationalising areas with over supply.
• Contributing to the delivery of a customer focussed supply business plan to support the overall business strategy.
• Ensuring strong products supply withgood forecasting processes, products ordered and expedited in a timely fashion and product issues dealt with quickly.
• Develop strong relationships with key suppliers.
• Drive continual improvement within the department and across the business.
• Ensure strong well documented processes are in place for all areas of the department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to join a high energy business and help us accelerate in success and new ventures.
Skills and Experience:• Degree qualified or equivalent.
• CIPS qualified or working towards.
• Minimum 5 years previous experience in a Purchasing role.
• Minimum 2 years People Management experience.
• Experience of working with a high volume of KPIS, focusing on availability, OTIF and cost.
• High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum).
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
• Experience of working within wooden product manufacture / supply, DIY supply or other relevant industry.
• Experience of Purchasing bespoke products.
• Management and coordination of purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance.
If you match the specified criteria and are interested, please don't hesitate to apply stating current salary on your application.
Keywords: Purchasing Manager, Quality Manager, Manager, Management, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Manager, QA, QA Manager, Purchasing.