Salary- Dependent on Experience
My Client who is a leading manufacturer within their field is seeking an experienced Purchasing Coordinator to join their team due to continued growth and expansion.
The main purpose of this role will be to ensure the company is purchasing goods at the most competitive prices whilst ensuring that effective stock levels/lead times are maintained at all times.
Responsibilities:• Procurement and ordering of all production related raw materials
• Forecast levels of demand for raw materials
• Management of raw material stock levels
• Sourcing the best products and suppliers in terms of value, lead times and quality
• Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
• Negotiate and agree SLA’s/supply contracts where relevant
• Liaise with suppliers on behalf of internal departments regarding any supply or quality issues
• Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
• Develop a purchasing strategy that compliments the business plan
• Champion and coordinate the new product introduction procedure
Candidate Requirements:• 3+ years in a similar role, in a manufacturing environment
• Organised with the ability to multi-task
• Outstanding in negotiation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work with a variety of people
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.