Friday Media Group runs a large number of market leading multiple listing (classified ad) websites, recruitment websites and ecommerce businesses. Developments are undertaken both internally and through third-party relationships. Your role as Project Manager will see you take responsibility for the delivery of the development roadmap for one of our core businesses. Working with the product manager, you will be responsible for taking business initiatives and turning them into awesome products and solutions for our customers.
You will be in a team at the heart of the business, helping to drive revenue opportunities, improve usability and sculpting the future success of Friday Media Group. We’re an agile company, moving fast and iterating as we go; so you’ll need to enjoy working in an environment that isn’t afraid of change. But don’t worry, there is a great team here to provide support and help you succeed!
Planning and project managing assigned projects, throughout the project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation and post release.
Tracking project deliverables, tasks, issues and risks, seek mitigation approaches and drive resolution.
• Work with the teams to ensure successful delivery against scope, quality and timescales
• Effectively manage project risk and issues through mitigation planning
• Proactively identify upcoming conflicts and manage resource requirements
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure all parties are up to date with project status
• Management and documentation of project kick-off meetings
• Development of and then management against ongoing project milestones through to completion
• Proactive management of changes to the project, managing an agile approach whilst ensuring goals are met
• Facilitation of project meetings to include management and distribution of action points
• Maintenance of project documentation
Experience/Skills Required:• Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
• Previous experience working in a digitally focused project management role
• Experience working with agile and waterfall methodologies
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Pro-active in handling complex situations, negotiations and problems
• Natural problem solver and strategic thinker
• Influential and proactive, ensuring to lead by example
• Passion for digital and emerging trends
• Tenacious with strong decision making skills
Experience of using Jira to manage project delivery and backlogs
Agile certifications (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
Project Manager Certifications or recently completed courses
Experience of working on mobile developments
Salary: Up to 32k DOE
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Use of company gym
Membership to perkbox.com
Group personal pension scheme
Recently refurbished, purpose built head office for great working environment
Friendly working atmosphere