Project Manager / PMO Lead - Finance Transformation - Contract - Slough
6 to 12 months - £500 - £520 / day
Business Focussed (Not IT at all)
80% Project Management / 20% PMO development and leadership
An exciting contact opportunity has just become available with a leading global brand for a Project Manager / PMO Lead to take a key position managing the e2e project life cycle of various Finance transformation projects while at the same time helping the Head of Projects & Programmes to set up a centralised PMO function.
Based in their European HQ in Slough, you will work closely with overall head of Projects and Programmes IT Project Managers who will be responsible for the IT side of the projects, while you will own the business side.
The organisation have a varied and long running finance transformation programme, planned to continue for a number of years to come. Once the Centralised PMO has been established in Finance, this will then be rolled out across other business functions.
As the Finance projects are varied in nature we are looking for an individual who has a varied exposure multiple finance functions, however any tax experience will be highly valued in the initial period.
- Project management on a portfolio of Finance projects within an ongoing Finance Transformation programme
- Overview, planning, co-ordination, management & end to end delivery of Finance projects
- Helping the Head of Projects & Programmes to develop the PMO function
- Setting up the centralise PMO function, then leading the established function
- Project / Programme Governance
- Ensure business reediness and manage the benefits realisation phase of the project
- Guiding & supporting project delivery to agreed methodology, quality standards & specification
- Managing and communication of projects risks
- Supporting the monitoring & reporting of project & programme status
- Delivering a full spectrum of project management services from inception to completion, team deliverables, ensuring delivery is on time, within budget & to defined specification
- Working closely with the IT project managers
- Developing influential relationships with a variety of stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
- 5 years of experience in managing business focussed Finance projects
- Experience of business readiness and benefits realisation
- Varied finance exposure
- PRINCE 2
- Experience of setting up a PMO function
- The experience and gravitas to lead a centralised PMO function, dealing with high volumes of large and complex projects and programmes
- Proactive in issues resolution
- Any Tax experience will be highly regarded, although not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good inter-personal skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
For more information please apply to the advert and should your profile match the requirements you will be contacted shortly.
Please be aware that if applying through Job Serve you may recieve an email infomring you that yout application has been shortlisted for the position. This is an automated email generated by JS not Enage PSG and does not indicate that your application has been reviewed.